Thonburi is a large district that located on the west bank of the Chao Phraya River in Bangkok. General Phraya Taksin made Thonburi the new capital of Siam for a brief period of time since 1767- 1772
Thonburi Adventure stayed relatively isolated from Bangkok proper, and for centuries was an agricultural land filled with canals and fruit orchards. While Thonburi has quickly developed in recent decades, most visitors still come here for the cool and peaceful atmosphere. The traditional Thai way of life on the canals still exists here, as do the floating vendors and orchard farms.
If you would like to get away from shopping malls and typical tourist spots in Bangkok try popping across the river to visit Thonburi.
Here you can enjoy a slower pace of life and explore the canals and the communities that live on them with a boat ride.
- Explore Thonburi and learn about the local way of life
- Long-Tail Boat ride to explore the canals
- Explore the Khlong Bang Luang Community which is known as Bangkok’s Artists Village
- Visit the temple of King Taskin
- Enjoy some local snacks and taste some desserts! Thonburi is known for its street food
- Rod Krapong ride (Local Transportation)
Thonburi Adventures – Half Day Program:
At either 9:00 AM or 1:00 PM, you will meet your guide at BTS Saphan Taksin Skytrain station, Exit 1.
Hop on a long-tailed boat to Bangkok Yai canal. The Canal has been restored into a cultural tourist area, which can see from the architecture, habitation, ancient remains and remnants of old communities.
One of the places that we will stop at is the Baan Silapin (The House of Artist). This is a traditional Thai house that has been converted into a public space to preserve art and traditional performance styles such as puppetry.
Continue the boat ride to the local area and admire the architecture and the temples of KING TAKSIN the great who was the king of the THONBURI era.
Then you can meander to TALAT PHLU through the old community of Thai-Chinese people. The aromas and exotic dishes will delight you as you pass the various street vendors and your expert guide will select the best snacks or desserts for you to taste.
Then the tour will end and you will take a Rod Kaprong ride to the BTS WUTTAKAT Skytrain station.
Prices per person in Thai Baht
|3600 THB per person
|2900 THB per person
|2500 THB per person
|2300 THB per person
|2100 THB per person
|2000 THB per person
This program is supporting Thai Puppet Performance conservation at Baan Silapin (Artist’s House). There is a local arts & performance school for the kids who living in Khlong Bang Luang community to use their free time productively and stay away from all vices.
- Transportation fee: Long-tailed boat & Rod Krapong (local transportation)
- English Speaking Guide
- Drinking water and snack
- Entrance fee and activity as mentioned
- Travel Insurance
- Meeting Point: Sky train (BTS) Saphan Taksin station, exit number 1 around the ticket counter
- Ending Point: Skytrain (BTS) Wutthakat station
- Meeting Time:
- Morning 09.00 AM.-12.00 pm.
- Afternoon 13.00 -16.00 PM.