Immerse in the local culture at the Muslim village of Ban Talae Nok on the North Andaman Coast. Participate in handicraft demonstrations and learn the art of Batik. Explore the local nature with a trip to the undeveloped Gam Islands.
Start the tour at your hotel. Meet your translator for a pre-trip briefing and cultural orientation. Transfer 2 hours North to Ban Talae Nok village to meet your local guide, and be welcomed into their way of life.
Take a walking tour of the community with your local guide to learn about the history and lives of these villagers, see an area of the village that was destroyed by the 2004 tsunami and learn how this event affected the community.
Take part in a handicraft workshop and learn the art of Batik. You can create your own design or have your hosts draw one of you, then color in the beautiful designs, and keep your creation as a souvenir.
Explore the mangrove forest in a long-tail boat, where you have the chance to spot various birds, monitor lizards and monkeys. Take a fascinating journey through the tidal canals and learn how the villagers are active in protecting this amazing ecosystem.
Continue your journey out to the hidden paradise of the undeveloped
Gam Islands, only 10 km from the coast of the village. Arrive to the white sand bays and explore the surrounding nature, then go for a swim and snorkel in the clear blue waters.
Picnic lunch on the island, relax on the beach.
Depart the island and say goodbye to your kind hosts, Transfer to your hotel, End of program.
Island Excursion:Day Tour – Available from 15 October till 15 May
Day 1 – Local Handicraft and Island
- Pick up at your hotel in Khao Lak
- Transfer to village of Ban Talae Nok and then meet your host family and walk through the village.
- Making Batik and then heading to the island for picnic Lunch
- For the afternoon activities, explore the mangrove forest with your local guide and learn about the eco- system how its importance to the village, relaxing on the desert beach Gum Island
- Transfer to your hotel, end of program.
- Transfer pick up and drop off hotel
- Delicious, picnic, traditional Thai lunch and Beverages
- English speaking guide
- Travel insurance
For more information on the village click here…