Experience memorable moments in the former capital of Thailand, on a relaxing bike ride you will visit the main highlights and a few hidden gems of what was once the most splendid city in South East Asia, most importantly the Historic City of Ayutthaya is well-known from historical records. Therefore as one of the world’s largest cities of its time and a major political, economic and religious center, many visitors recorded facts about the city and their experiences there. The Siamese Royal Court also kept meticulous records; many were destroyed in the sack of the city, but some have remained and are an important source of authenticity.
This program will preserve the historical attractions of the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Ayutthaya and River Barge Cruise
Day 1 – Day Tour
In the morning, you will be collected by your guide at the hotel by van. Then we will leave Bangkok to Ayutthaya province for around 1.5 hour.
Start the visit at Bang Pa-In Royal Palace, the summer palace of the kings of Thailand.
Then we will enjoy fantastic Thai lunch on a Rice Barge cruising along the majestic Chao Phraya, “River of Kings”.
Lunch on the Rice Barge Cruising after lunch, we will explore rest on the island framed by three significant rivers: Chao Phraya, Lopburi and Pasak, the historic temples, palaces and remaining architectures of the ancient kingdom of Ayutthaya are one of Thailand’s most precious historical sites. The 715-acre area has been listed the UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1991 as it portrays the heydays of the largest kingdoms in Indochina history. You will be lead back to your hotel in Bangkok around 6 PM. by private vehicle.
Activities and Experiences:
- Bang Pa-In Royal Palace.
- This palace complex is set on a lovely landscaped lake garden that was once an island itself. Abandoned after Ayutthaya fell, it was rebuilt by King Rama V (1868-1910) who commissioned additional buildings in an eclectic style that blends European neoclassical and Victorian architectures with Early Ayutthaya and Chinese palace styles.
- Lunch on Rice Barge Cruising
- Board our converted traditional teak rice barge and drift slowly along the majestic Chao Phraya River and explore Ayutthaya from the eye of the river, enjoying en route a beautiful selection of Thai food.
- Ayutthaya Historical Park
- Rest of the day, we will explore Ayutthaya Historical Park such as Wat Yai Chai Mongkol and Wat Mahathat, one of the popular icons of Ayutthaya, located alongside a wall of ‘Viharn Lek’ (small chapel). The site of the lone Buddha’s head entrapped by the roots of an overgrown banyan tree has become a famous – and not to miss – tourist attraction.
- Round-trip private vehicle from the hotel in Bangkok (City Center)
- English Speaking Guide
- Drinking water and snack
- Lunch by Traditional Thai cuisine on Rice Barge cruise
- Entrance fee and activity as mentioned
- Travel Insurance
- Any meals, transfers or tours that are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Alcohol Drinks
For more information on village click here…