Village Tours & Experiences in Thailand
Meet the People, Know the Place
Come and see the pristine jungle, untouched beaches and coral reefs that provide habitat for rare wildlife. Here you will find Muslim, Buddhist and Moken villages living side by side in harmony. These warm-hearted people welcome you to create life-long memories and friends by joining them to explore the area, from reef to rainforest.
Each village has a variety of activities; there is something for people of all ages and abilities. Activities fall into three main categories: cultural, ecotours, and handicrafts. Despite having an itinerary, the beauty of Andaman Discoveries trips is that many activities just happen naturally as you become part of village life.
Trips can be from one to five days. Depending on what excites you, focus on cultural or outdoor activities, or indulge in the best of both.
- Join your host family for a delicious home-cooked meal and learn how to make an authentic Thai dessert.
- Get creative with the women’s craft groups — learn how to weave palm fronds, and make natural soap or your very own tie-dye sarong.
- Eco-enthusiasts and adventure seekers can hike, go kayaking, explore deserted tropical islands, wild orchid conservation and more.
Many activities just happen naturally as you immerse yourself into village life. You may find yourself roasting cashew nuts, helping your homestay family make fishing nets, or even playing football on the beach with the locals after a busy day.
The variety of village experiences can be enjoyed by all ages, abilities, and tastes. Our translator will accompany you throughout your time in the village, to make sure you fully interact with the people you meet. Andaman Discoveries also provides extensive pre-trip information to help you understand the local customs and culture.
The homestay village experience is highly recommended to fully appreciate the hospitality of the villagers. Alternately, you can stay in a nearby bungalow.
Bespoke tours are available on request, and can be tailored to specific interests such as families, volunteering, crafts, wildlife, island excursions, bicycling, kayaking, and conservation.
Length of Stay
- 1-Day Tour - A great way to experience the area for guests passing through with limited time. Help your host family cook lunch, then join a local guide for village tour and cultural activity.
- 2-Day Tour - By staying overnight, you can revel in a sensational sunset on a deserted beach and join your host family for dinner and a wonderful cultural exchange. Enjoy a boat tour through winding mangrove canals, and see gentle monkeys and brightly colored birds.
- 3-Day Tour - A real opportunity to be immersed in traditional Thai culture by seeing, feeling and tasting it! Experience the local lifestyle first-hand by fishing with your village guide. Understand the tsunami’s legacy by visiting an area destroyed by the wave.
- 5-Day Tour - Take part in a cornucopia of cultural and natural delights. Gain deeper insight into Buddhist and Muslim villages. See why the North Andaman is Thailand’s best kept secret.
Ready to Experience the Real Thailand?
Below is a list of the villages currently offering village experiences in Southern Thailand:
- Ban Talae Nok – Sea-side Village
- Ta Pae Yoi – Island Village
- Tung Dap – Remote Island Village
- Tung Nang Damn – Island Village
- Ban Lion – Remote Island Village