Khao Sok Ecotours
Khao Sok & Lake
Khaosok National Park the jungle here is over 20 million years old, and is home to a vast variety of flora and fauna species, and a perfect place for an ecotours adventure and relaxation in beautiful nature.
Cheow Lan Lake makes up the northern border of the Khao Sok National Park and opens the gateway to Klong Saeng wildlife Sanctuary. Here you can explore the stunning natural beauty with private or join with a group tours that can encompass trekking, cave exploration, kayaking , or just relaxing from the balcony of your floating bungalow. The dense jungle serves home to diverse range of wildlife including Asian Elephants, White-handed Gibbons, and Hornbills. Spend your night falling asleep to the subtle sounds of the jungle and awake to the Gibbons calling from the treetops.
All floating bungalows are only accessible by long-tail boat ride from the Rajapraba Dam pier. Meals are included at your floating bungalow as well as an English speaking guide.
Khao Sok Lake, a branch of Andaman Discoveries located in Ta Kuhn, Surat Thani , can help create a tailor made tour to suit your interests while visiting the area. They work closely with local guides and service providers to offer a full range of options to help you maximize your holiday time and allow you to see as much as possible at this unique destination.
Package tours Join with the Group
Sample of 5 Day Beach Village and Khao Sok Limestone Lake:
Day 1 – Cultural Exchange (L, D)
- Meet your homestay family and take a walking tour of the village to learn the history and about the 2004 Tsunami
- Learn the art of Batik‐ dyeing fabrics by using designs drawn in wax, keep as souvenir
- Weave leaves of the Nypa palm with the villagers to make traditional rood panels
- Enjoy a spectacular Andaman sunset while eating a delicious BBQ dinner on the beach. Share stories with your host family
Day 2 – Natural Wonders (B,L,D)
- Take a journey through the mangrove forest and learn how the villagers are active in protecting this amazing ecosystem
- Journey to the Gam Islands and enjoy the white sand bays, go for a swim and snorkel in the clear blue waters. Eat a picnic lunch on the beach
- Fishing on the beach with local fisherman
- Handicraft workshop with the women’s soap group‐ keep as souvenir
- Relax on the beach for another sunset or learn the art of Thai cooking
- Try on traditional Muslim clothing
*Gam Islands available during dry season November ‐ April. For rainy season, enjoy an extended mangrove tour
Day 3 – Village Life and Rainforest Adventure (B,L)
- Make a local Thai snack with the host family
- After lunch, transfer to Khao Sok National Park. Bask in the fairy‐tale scenery of the vividly colored limestone mountains that rise sharply above the untouched forests, check into your jungle resort accommodation
- In the evening go on a scheduled Night Safari included in your program. Explore the jungle at night to learn about the many nocturnal animals and insects that come to life in the dark!
Overnight: jungle resort in Khao Sok; Independent meals; Canoe and Night safari included
Day 4– Raft House (B,L,D)
- Enjoy a full breakfast and go on an overnight trip to Cheow Lan Lake. Joining with a guide and 8- 10 other guests, take a boat ride through incredible scenery to a raft house where you will have lunch. In the afternoon, swim in the emerald waters and go jungle hiking or spend some time kayaking. After a fresh dinner, spend the night in a floating bamboo bungalow.
Day 5 – Limestone Lake (B,L)
- Wake up early for a morning mist safari, and look for giant hornbills, monkeys, and gibbons feeding in the trees before breakfast. Check out of your room and relax, swim, or kayak until lunch, then take a boat to Rajaprabha Dam with an optional van back to Khao Sok. Take a long tail boat ride to your floating bungalow accommodations
- Tour ends at 14:00 at Rajaprabha Dam or 15:30 at Khao Sok.
Note: Additional National Park fee 300THB per person
See more about Khao Sok National Park here.